Are you ready to buy a new home but having trouble saving up that down payment? You’re not alone! The biggest obstacle to buying a new home or first home, for many, is the down payment. Have you thought about using your Tax Return as a down payment? Using your Tax Return as a down payment is a great way to invest in your future.
Here are a few items to consider:
- Many programs require little to no money down. Your Tax Return could cover most or all of your down payment.
- Even if you qualify for one of our loan programs that requires no down payment, you may want to keep your Tax Return handy for other expenses such as inspections, furniture, truck rental or other moving costs.
- Don’t cash your Tax Return check. Deposit it or have it Direct Deposited into your bank account. This makes verification of funds easier and helps during the underwriting approval stage of your loan process.
The first step is talking to a Mortgage Specialist to find out your loan options. Here are some things to consider:
- Could your Tax Refund be used to help raise your credit and maybe get you into a loan program with a lower interest rate? This move could save you a lot of money over the life of your loan.
- Talk about your estimated Tax Refund versus down payment needed to buy, along with the price range you are comfortable paying.
- You can start your loan process before you get your return. Get pre-qualified so you can look for a home this Winter and beat the Spring rush. Apply today HERE.