How an FHA Loan Works
An FHA insured loan is a US Federal Housing Administration mortgage insurance backed mortgage loan which is provided by a FHA-approved lender. FHA insured loans are a type of federal assistance. FHA primarily serves people who cannot afford a conventional down payment or otherwise do not qualify for PMI.
- 30-, 20- and 15-year terms are all available with fixed rates
- Credit scores as low as 580 may qualify
- Adjustable-rate mortgage available. Call for more details
- Refinance up to 97.75% of your primary home’s value
- Buy a home with as little as 3.5% down (primary home)
FHA Loan Example: FHA Loan for $165,938 for 30-Years with a 3.5% down payment and a fixed 4.125% interest rate/5.7% APR has a monthly sample payment of $1,209.97 (includes taxes, insurance and mortgage insurance)*
FHA Loan Extras
Refinance your FHA loan easier and faster (and potentially with no appraisal) with FHA Streamline.
*Certain restrictions apply. The interest rates, annual percentage rates (APRs) and program options are subject to change without notice. Your APR will vary based on your final loan amount and finance charges. Stated rates and terms are intended as examples only. Call 1-800-270-7082 for current rates and terms.